Rita M. Antolena Memorial Scholarship
Rita Antolena had worked with children throughout her adult life as a physical educator and a Girl Scout counselor. Rita graduated with a degree in Physical Education from the University of Buffalo and began teaching at the Frontier Central Schools where she remand for five years and then taught in the North Tonawanda School District for 31 years, retiring in 1991. Rita and her husband enjoyed traveling and were able to visit Europe, Africa, China, Japan, Mexico, Canada and Iceland. After the death of her husband, she visited India and Egypt.
A lover of music and theater, Rita was an avid volunteer at Shea’s (Performing Art Center), Artpark, the Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra, Kavinoky Theatre, Theater of Youth (TOY), Irish Classical Theatre, and the U.B. Center for the Arts (Given by Louise Hochreiter, sister)
1. Full-time SUNY Erie student
2. Matriculated in a Trades program: Automotive Technology – 525.AUT, Automotive Trades: Autobody Repair – 2452.AUT, Automotive Trades: Autobody Repair – 453.AUT, Building Mgmt & Maintenance – 576.BPM, Business Administration – 632.BUS, Business: Business Administration – 671.BUS, Business: Office Management – 2451.OFT, Business: Office Management – 637.OFT, Civil Engineering Technology – 517.CIV, Construction Management Engineering Tech – 1788.CET, Electrical Engineering Technology – 699.EET, or Construction Management Engineering Technology – 1788.CET
3. minimum GPA 2.5 or high school equivalent
4. ESSAY: Where I hope to be in my career in 5 years
5. Ten (10) awards to be given to students at each SUNY Erie campus: City, North and South. Total of 30 awards. Distance Learners must be assigned to a campus to be eligible.
6. Scholarship is NOT renewable (one award per student)
Funds to be used for TUITION ONLY